Join The Military Rifle Club
In order to become a Member of the Military Rifle Club please follow the following steps, in order.
1. Become a member of the SSAA. Application forms are available here.
2. If you do not have a Category A or B licence you must attend a Victoria Police Firearms
Safety Course. Contact your local police or LRD for details on how to attend.
3. Apply for and obtain a Category A & B Longarm Licence (both recommended) from the Licensing Regulation Division (LRD) of Victoria Police. Please visit the LRD website and follow the instructions on the back of the licence applications form. We are more than willing to help and guide you through this process if anything is unclear. The LRD also details information on applying for a firearm licence.
4. Join the Military Rifle Club. Note, you can join the Military Rifle Club before step 3 (but after step 1), however you will need your Longarm Licence to fully participate in rifle shoots and to purchase a longarm. Licence applications have a mandatory 28 day waiting period from the LRD.
5. Attend the MRC General Meetings held every 4th Thursday at SSAA Springvale or attend our Club Days held on the 1st and 2nd Sunday of each month at Eagle Park ( rifle range 2) and enjoy military rifle shooting.
There are club guns you can borrow if you do not have your own.